I”m back! More on that later. Right now I’m focusing on Sweet Potato Pie’s 12 Weeks to a Better Body Challenge. If that sounds familiar is because a while ago we had a 8 Weeks to a Better Body Challenge – it was a moderate success. Folk did lose weight, I started and didn’t complete it (story of my life) but this go ’round is different. I’ve been on a massive overhaul my life plan and conquering the fitness program that is P90x is on it.
Now if you’re wondering why the extra four weeks – well, when Dr. Oz announced his fitness challenge at the beginning of the year it was 11 weeks. He said he chose 11 weeks because that was the length of time it took to really change your body. Not that you couldn’t make great changes in less time, but do do it safely and have abetter chance at success 11 weeks was the magic number. Which is great, because P90x is 90 days or 12 weeks.
Why P90x? Well, I’m a big fan of Beachbody products. So much so I became a Beachbody Coach – more importantly I walk six days a week, but wasn’t getting the results I want for lack of weight training. Since I can’t get to the gym and this site is dedicated to home fitness, P90x was a perfect fit. Now I’ve started it several times already and haven’t managed to get past week two. And yes, while it is as hard as advertised the main reason for my failure was because I started the program with my Godsister, and when she bailed on me it just wasn’t as much fun to do it solo.
There was no one to suffer with me, so I decided the best way to handle my workout loneliness, and manage to complete P90x was to involve my virtual family. This is the reason I started the blog in the first place, to get black women to workout more, get healthy and form bonds, virtual or otherwise that could aid them in their weight loss. So here I am. And that’s how we have the new and improved 12 Weeks to a Better Body Challenge – P90x edition.
How can you participate?
- If you have a copy of P90x just dust it off and get to working out on with me starting Monday August 20.
- For those who don’t have P90x you can purchase your copy here.
- Next register for Sweet Potato Pie and join the P90x Challenge group. The group is where we will update our progress and help motivate each other and log your workouts.
- Download the P90x Workout Sheets so you can keep track of your workouts and progress over the 12 weeks.
- Take your before pictures and measurements. You don’t have to post those on the site – at first. But be prepared to showcase your after photos once the Challenge is done.
- That’s it. You’re ready to participate in Sweet Potato Pie’s first ever 12 Weeks to a Better Body Challenge.
So I look forward to you taking this challenge with me. Think of this round of the Challenge as a test run to see how it will work in the future. But test run or no, I will complete P90x this go ’round – come hell or high water and you will be right there with me. Sign-Up today!